Pages

Sunday 21 February 2016

2 Posts in One Month?!

Hi! So here's the situation: I love board games. It's kinda a thing that's gotten a bit out of hand this past year. I think I've amassed about 50 board games since. It all started with Pandemic, as soon as I opened the box I knew I'd be picking up another one. We got Terra Mystica next, and the game, the little wooden pieces, the board, the colourful art it was incredible! It probably didn't help that at the time, when we were living in Toronto, we were about 2 blocks from the board game store. 

Lately I've started thinking more and more about the meeples (little wooden characters) in the games and how they could be spruced up, when I came upon this guy: http://cultofgame.blogspot.com/p/pimp.html and was instantly inspired. This guy is amazing. And I thought to myself, I gotta do this too! So I went out, bought a block of Sculpey, drew up sketches of the characters I wanted for my game and attempted to sculpt. 
Fast forward a couple of weeks, I'm still struggling and the Sculpey is all gross from dust and hair and lint that's stuck in it. So I decided to take a break from sculpting, and paint the sketches of characters I had, hence the paintings of squat little miniature people lately.

End of story.


P.S: If you think you might be interested in some thinky board games I would check out Board Game Geek: https://boardgamegeek.com/ for lists and ratings.
If you want a recommendation: Our favourites have been Keyflower and Terra Mystica (the latter being a real brain burner). Or for something lighter and faster Istanbul.

P.P.S: If you're in Toronto, check out 401 Games, or the online distributor Board Game Bliss http://www.boardgamebliss.com/ the owner, Bosco, is really nice. 

Ok, that's it for now, talk to you later!





2 comments:

  1. Dust, hair and lint ...the bane of my life, ha ha ;)
    Loving your art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your work is so inspiring!

      Delete